Norfolk Public Schools (NPS) is proud of the organized program of athletics offered for boys and girls in middle and high schools. Our goal is to develop young men and women to be successful citizens in our highly competitive world. Opportunities endorsed by the Virginia High School League (VHSL) in 32 athletic competitions plus debate, forensics, theater festival, school publication and academic competition enhance student participation.
The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by:
• Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities